Images taken as NasaThe spacecraft crashes into the asteroid Dimorphos at around 14,000 miles per…
Senior Financial Business Partner
Location: Avery Hill Campus
Salary: £51,799 to £60,022 plus London weighted £5,018 per year
Type of Contract: Permanent
Release date: Friday August 19, 2022
Closing Date: Monday 05 September 2022
Date of interview: Thursday, September 15, 2022
The vision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) team is “to become a forward-thinking and inclusive CFO team that consistently delivers excellent service delivery, without compromising on quality, delivering value and ensuring the financial viability of the ‘University”
The CFO recently launched a new organizational structure, which offered the opportunity for 3 high-level, business-focused roles to join the team.
These roles will lead high performing teams of 3-4 people and oversee the financial performance of the University. They will be a trusted financial partner for faculties and directions on all financial matters
We are looking for people who take pride in building high performing teams. Communicate skillfully with the ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear, concise results and have a forward-looking outlook that proactively provides decision support and a critical friend approach.
It is an exciting time to join the University as it embarks on an ambitious strategy – This is Our Time Strategy 2030 to become the best modern university in the UK. These roles are essential to ensure the financial sustainability of the implementation of the strategy.
You will work for an organization where making a difference means proactively supporting our students and staff to achieve their ambitions through their background rather than in spite of their background. Supporting and developing our people is a key strategy priority and we are committed to developing you to reach your potential.
Main responsibilities include:
- Financial performance management – supporting senior management in the development of a five-year financial plan, forecasting, providing strategic advice in key financial disciplines including capital, research, revenue, cost and contribution
- Business Partnership – manage the relationship with faculties and management on behalf of finance and work collaboratively on cost reduction, revenue optimization and strategic initiatives
- Leadership and Development – creating an inclusive and diverse environment to lead a high performing team delivering high quality and excellent service delivery
The successful candidate:
A CCAB qualified accountant with a proven track record of accomplishments. Previous experience in the higher education sector is desirable, although we are very open to strong candidates from other sectors. You will have led and coached a successful business partnership team in achieving excellent service delivery. You will have significant experience working with senior management and stakeholders to deliver effective financial partnership. You have prior experience of large finance teams. Excellent communication skills.
For an informal chat, please contact Janice Venn, Acting Deputy Chief Financial Officer – [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact the HR recruitment team on [email protected]
Why choose us?
- A competitive package and excellent benefits, including a very attractive defined benefit pension plan. 25 days off plus 3-4 days off during the Christmas period
- Hybrid and flexible work based in London on the Avery Hill and/or Greenwich campus site, c2-3 days a week
- High profile role that will provide the opportunity to gain wide visibility across the University
- The opportunity to take on more strategic responsibilities that impact the financial performance of the University
- Contribute to the success of an institution with strong social values and results
The university welcomes people from diverse and underrepresented communities who can help the university achieve its mission.
We do this by taking positive steps such as encouraging applications from Black, Asian and ethnic minority, disabled and LGBT+ people. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, Time to Change Employer Pledge / Mentally Healthy Universities, we are committed to promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of all our staff and to removing barriers to improve inclusion.
We encourage applicants to disclose their experience of mental health issues so that we can fully support them during our recruitment process and make reasonable adjustments as needed. Any information disclosed will be kept confidential and separate from the job application form.
We are making significant progress in understanding and continuously improving our employee experience and are committed to implementing progressive diversity talent management.
You can find more details about the fantastic benefits and what we offer here: Your salary and salary-related benefits – Jobs at Greenwich
More details: Job Description and Person Specification
We aim to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.