Images taken as NasaThe spacecraft crashes into the asteroid Dimorphos at around 14,000 miles per…
Tarleton State University, a member of the Texas A&M University System, provides a student-focused, value-driven educational experience marked by academic innovation and exemplary service, and dedicated to transforming students into the professional leaders of tomorrow. With campuses in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian and online, Tarleton is committed to its communities to provide real-world learning experiences and to meet the needs of society while maintaining its core values of excellence, integrity and respect.
Vice President for Institutional Advancement provides strategic leadership and operational oversight to Tarleton State University’s Division of Institutional Advancement. Responsible for building relationships with external and internal constituents through stewardship, communications, media relations, social media, marketing, alumni relations, special events, fundraising and other activities. Reports directly to the President and is expected to exercise extraordinary judgment and reflect the highest degree of personal and professional integrity. The Vice President of Advancement is a member of the President’s Executive Council. Working hours: Mon Fri; 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. or as required by the job.
40% Leadership and management
- Establishes goals and benchmarks that support the direction and achievement of the mission for the department, division and individuals.
- Presents a strategic vision for the division and plans effectively.
- Supports the strategic goals and mission of the division and the university.
- Promotes broad understanding and awareness of the University’s mission and programs.
- Work closely with the President to advance the image of the institution by engaging with all stakeholders to include at a minimum: students, employees, alumni, donors, community members , legislative/elected officials, and all stakeholders related to Tarleton State University.
- Acts as a member of the President’s Executive Council, representing the division in the development, implementation, and evaluation of institutional plans, goals, and strategies; meet the expectations outlined in Tarleton’s Forward 2020 strategic framework.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to include media and news relations, marketing communications/publications, special events and use of social media.
- Oversees the creation and execution of fundraising plans using best practices for annual, major and planned giving programs.
- Oversees the improvement of alumni relationships and supports new efforts to engage and renew relationships.
- Oversees the coordination and collaboration of event planning to ensure each event represents the image of Tarleton in order to engender and gain support and advocacy for the University.
- Seeks and cultivates partnerships to enhance the University’s mission and services.
- Serves as an exemplary spokesperson in the community with local leaders, businesses and corporate partners; builds close relationships linking the community to the University and the University to our communities.
- Prepares, recommends and implements budgets for assigned areas, monitors expenditures and ensures that human and financial resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures institutional compliance with applicable federal, state and other regulations.
40% Mission, planning and core values:
Communication, collaboration and professionalism
- Communicates effectively to all constituents by clearly expressing ideas to ensure understanding; actively listens and is empathetic to others.
- Creates a collegial environment where teamwork is valued.
- Collaborates across departments, divisions and with other members of the system.
- Promote high standards of business, professional and social ethics.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Encourages a culture of diversity and inclusion both in employment and in the use of historically underutilized businesses.
- Oversees, development, advancement services, alumni engagement, WK Gordon Center and fiduciary management of the division.
- Cultivates and encourages involvement in professional relationships with current and potential donors, alumni, and friends of Tarleton State University
- Oversees the collection, analysis and distribution of statistical data to drive performance.
- Oversees the division’s event management operations to ensure internal and external customers are able to host the type of experience to enhance their view of Tarleton.
- Establishes and maintains strong on-campus collaborations to support event planning and execution.
- Develops strategies to increase the number of events held on campus.
Relations and engagement with alumni
- Oversees programs, activities and communications designed to increase alumni pride and active engagement with the University.
- Builds a volunteer network and structure to support alumni engagement in promoting the University.
- Creates short-term and long-term strategies aimed at increasing lifelong engagement between alumni and the University.
- Support and collaborate with leadership colleagues, as needed, to establish and enhance programs that ensure strong links with the University.
Tarleton State University Foundation
- Provides active leadership, direction, and expertise to all university fundraising programs, including annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts, planned giving, and prospect research .
- Serve as a point of contact and leadership for university campaigns.
- Works with the President of Tarleton and other university leaders to increase private charitable support for university initiatives.
- Ensures accurate and timely progress and information updates are provided to the President.
- Collaborates with Foundation staff to ensure that strong relationships are developed with key donors; work with staff to develop strategies for securing major donations and donations to the university.
- Achieves the appropriate work plan and objectives in the University’s strategic plan; ensures that the work of the division is of high quality; ensures products are prepared in a timely manner
Training and experience required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in key areas of institutional advancement including public relations, marketing, fundraising, capital campaigns and related areas.
- Experience with internal and external communities with strong cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a strong and talented team.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of higher education.
- Ability to work with a high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to treat others with respect, civility and courtesy and to work honestly, effectively and collegially with employees, students and the community. This includes the ability to use appropriate conflict management skills to effectively manage any disagreements that may arise or to bring the disagreement to management for assistance in a productive resolution when the situation requires it.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Innovative leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and administrative skills.
- Ability to collaborate, build partnerships and build effective relationships with diverse constituents.
- Ability to create a vision and take action to actualize a strategic plan and organizational goals.
- Serves as the Campus Security Authority (CSA).
Applications accepted online only at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TARLETON_External/job/Stephenville-TARLETON/Vice-President-for-Institutional-Advancement_R-045839
Tarleton State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer. As a member of the Texas A&M System, Tarleton will provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and will strive to obtain full and equal employment opportunities through the Texas A&M system.