New Jersey City University is asking the state for a $10 million lifeline after its…
Department: Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallization Platform – Central European Institute of Technology
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Start date: Current 2022
Type of employment: full time
Working area: Science and research
Head of the Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallization platform
at Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University (CEITEC MU), Brno, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
CEITEC MU is an independent academic institute which was established in 2011 at Masaryk University as part of the CEITEC Center of Scientific Excellence. This young and dynamic life sciences research center is committed to fulfilling its mission of improving the quality of life and human health. CEITEC MU values its staff and prides itself on the state-of-the-art scientific equipment available at its modern central facilities. CEITEC MU significantly generates high-quality basic research results in the Czech Republic and is also competitive with international centers. CEITEC MU offers a supportive and stimulating environment, with plenty of opportunities to discuss and develop ideas, as well as a culture of open communication and equal opportunity. The institute is proud to hold the HR Excellence in Research award.
About this position
CEITEC MU employs more than 500 people from more than 35 countries working on more than 150 ongoing projects and publishing more than 300 scientific publications per year. Our center attracts the best grants from the EU and has an annual budget of almost 32 million euros and investments that exceed 6.6 million euros. Our researchers are pushing the boundaries of current knowledge in the fields of structural biology, molecular medicine, genomics and proteomics of plant systems and neuroscience.
We are looking for an experienced researcher to join CEITEC as core leader Facility Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallization, focusing on the biophysical and structural characterization of biomolecules and on the study of (bio)molecular interactions.
You will become a valued member of our CEITEC scientific community and work as a technology-focused scientist and team leader alongside 29 other research group leaders and 12 platform leaders.
You will be:
- be responsible for establishing the portfolio of relevant technology services and adequate resource planning
- recruit, direct, supervise and mentor members of your primary facility
- ensure first class service and its implementation to world class standard and the necessary resources for the characterization of biomolecules and (bio)molecular interactions
- identify and seek opportunities for new technological innovations
- work in collaboration with scientific partners to develop joint research projects
- interact with the international scientific community through conferences and special events
Duties are not limited to the above, and a flexible approach and ability to adapt to changing situations in a dynamic organization is required.
You have (necessary skills)
- previous experience with a large portfolio of methods used for the structure-function characterization of biomolecules and their interactions
- the ability to build and develop methodological and technological capacity in the area of expertise of the platform
- demonstrated ability to critically analyze, evaluate and synthesize new and complex ideas
- commitment to your own continuing professional development and ability to supervise early career researchers and act as a mentor to others
- have demonstrated strong organizational skills and leadership skills
- a motivated and collaborative mindset
- an established reputation for research excellence in a relevant field
You may also have (desirable skills)
- the ability to recognize the value of your research in the context of application potential
- the ability to lead the execution of collaborative research projects in cooperation with colleagues and project partners and with relevant industrial partners
- the ability to communicate with the wider scientific community and with the general public about your areas of expertise and its societal value
Why join us?
We are the Czech Republic’s flagship basic research institute in the life sciences. We are an international, progressive and interdisciplinary research institute with access to unique, state-of-the-art equipment. Our modern building is located on the university campus in Brno-Bohunice. Brno is a bustling city surrounded by countryside and is a destination of choice for many educated expats working in science and technology. Brno is located in the heart of Europe, where Gregor Mendel laid the foundations of modern genetics.
We value our employees and support them from their first day at CEITEC. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer and offer a highly collaborative, collegial and family-friendly international work environment with relocation assistance through our onboarding office. We offer attractive salary conditions, medical insurance, and other benefits, such as six weeks of paid vacation, contribution to a pension plan, lump sum contribution to meals, sports lessons directly on campus, multisport card, reduced rates for mobile operator tariffs, and special banking products for employees.
CEITEC MU is proud to be a holder of the European Commission HR Excellence in Research Award.
What else do you want to know
Registration deadline: 03/31/2022
Expected start date: Current 2022
Applications including a CV, a list of publications, a description of the skills and experience related to the advertised position, a 2-page overview of the future concept of the platform and the contacts of at least two referees must be sent via e-application available above and below this ad.
Contact for informal inquiries about the position and CEITEC MU, or in case of difficulties in completing the electronic application, please contact: [email protected]
For more information on the recruitment process, refer to the CEITEC recruitment policy.
In justified cases, the job advertiser may extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.