Dezeen School Shows: a vineyard which focuses on minimal intervention winemaking and a regeneration project…
Our bold vision, reflected in our Strategic Plan: Make a Difference: Agenda 2025, is to be internationally recognized as a global research leader, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of the most enterprising graduates from Australia.
To achieve this ambition, we recently made a significant organizational change to a six-college structure with professional alignment of staff and services.
We recognize that the key to our success is exceptional people and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our transformed university team.
Type of employment:
Next | Full time
Higher Education Officer Level 7
$90,063 – $99,696 per year
Marketing Communications Partner,
Communications, Marketing and Engagement Office
Under general direction, the Marketing Communications Partner will lead the marketing and communications function of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences in both a strategic and operational manner. Importantly, this role will ensure that the marketing communications strategy aligns with University strategy and delivers measurable results in line with University and College priorities including student recruitment, engagement, research, branding and profile, as foreseen in the 2025 Agenda.
Located in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, this position will have an in-depth understanding of the College’s offerings and key points of differentiation from which to develop and implement initiatives that raise awareness and engage the public in line with the University’s KPIs . The Marketing Communications Partner will work closely with the College support team on a daily basis, aligning plans and activities to ensure College and University marketing communications priorities align.
Main responsibilities of the position
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing – Prospective Students to develop and implement the College’s Marketing and Communications plan as a subset of the overall University plan, providing regular progress reports on milestones .
- Conceptualize and deliver marketing communication campaigns to attract undergraduate and postgraduate students in line with the University’s student recruitment objectives (including online programs);
- Develop and implement marketing plans to enhance the research profile of the university in collaboration with the College’s research centers and institutes.
- Supervise the Digital Content Coordinator, establish and review annual performance plans, provide direction and coaching to meet College communication and content requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all College marketing and communications requirements. Negotiate and agree on deliverables and deadlines. Ensure timely and successful delivery to achieve goals.
- Build and maintain strong and lasting relationships. Develop trust and relationships within OCME, College, management teams and service providers.
- Clearly report campaign performance and communicate progress of initiatives weekly/monthly/quarterly to all stakeholders
- Develop quality content for a wide range of purposes that is consistent with University brand guidelines and policies; from brochures to social media posts to a full article on the website. If applicable, ensure content is applicable/adaptable for use with international audiences.
- Liaise with subject matter experts to produce/source dynamic and engaging multimedia content, including photographs, film, animation and other digital assets for reuse across print and digital channels.
- Assume responsibility for the development of the College website and ensure that public facing web pages are current, accurate and comply with University branding guidelines and policies.
- Identify activities and achievements worthy of external promotion, liaising with the OCME media and communications team.
- In conjunction with College management, track marketing budget to ensure projects are delivered effectively, efficiently, on time and within budget.
- Work with the Events team, ensure the College’s strategic engagement with University-level events, including Open Houses and Annual Lecture Series.
- Any other responsibilities related to the level of the position assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Capabilities of the key position
- Degree in communications, media studies, marketing or a related discipline with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Successful track record in developing, implementing and writing innovative marketing and communications plans tailored to a wide variety of audiences.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of contemporary multimedia and marketing campaigns and best practices.
- Experience providing marketing and communications advice to a wide range of internal clients.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to leverage corporate relationships that align with University priorities.
- Experience in end-to-end project management and ability to manage competing priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in a supervisory role in managing staff performance and development.
- Ability to use CMS and CRM products to support marketing and communications objectives, e.g. web page creation, social media posts and campaign follow-up email delivery.
- Experience using competitive analysis, online analytics, horizon scanning, and market research to inform decision making.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including accuracy and attention to detail and experience writing, editing and proofreading quality written content.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as to work collaboratively as part of a team, to exercise initiative, judgment and well-developed problem-solving skills, and to interpret and apply policies and relevant procedures.
- A commitment to excellence and the principles of continuous improvement and the ability to develop and implement plans, measure results and report on potential improvements for the future.
- Experience in the higher education sector (desirable).
Prescribed conditions of employment
- Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all new staff to be current on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
How to register
- Please review the core job abilities of the job description and submit a suitability statement of no more than 3 pages that meets the criteria. Applications without a declaration of suitability may not be considered. For more information, please see our How to Apply page.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact: Alan Sicolo
Information for applicants:
A valid National Police Certificate satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful candidate can commence this position.
We seek to increase diversity to improve equal opportunity for employees, and therefore encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities and/or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Please note that late applications and applications sent through agencies will not be accepted.
Closing of applications at 11:59 p.m.:
October 23, 2022